jueves, 26 de junio de 2014

27 F

Hi bloggers! I'll talk about 27F. This date was an experience that marked us inside everyone.

In my case, I was vacationing in Radal, Seven Cups, Region VII. I had gone to visit The Radal National Park before of this fact. I had returned to my home the days before (25/F) and I was lucky due to it.

My family is originally from Illapel, IV region. When the earthquake occurred, I was sleeping at that moment my sister and me share at same bedroom. I felt waves and I sat in my bed, my sister too. Nobody in my house is afraid of earthquakes. My mom doesn’t afraid to quake and sister and I had an experience of an earthquake that affected us in the street, away from the house when we were little. After that, we lost the fear of earthquakes.

That night my sister and I looked out the window and we saw that was not a very strong earthquake, just left in the dark with a power outage.

The next morning we had no news until 3 p.m. returning electricity and we check the strong of earthquake.
Almost all my family lives between Region II, III and IV, therefore nobody of my family were affected. But at that time I had a girlfriend, and she had gone to visit his family in Lebu, Region VIII, and my big surprise was when I saw the news on TV about the epicentre was there.


I tried going to Lebu but all transport was blocked from my town and I could do nothing. I tried calling a lot of times. I had heard from her 3 days after the 27F. She explained to me that she and her family were fine but that his grandmother was in Concepcion and they had to travel because she was alone and her house was destroyed.  Fortunately she was fine, she just suffered few thefts.

Definitely this earthquake remain in the memory colective

"27F Memorial" in honor to the victims.

1 comentario: